Website The University of Toronto
Date Posted: 12/18/2020
Req ID: 2151
Faculty/Division: Ofc of the Chief Information Officer
Department: Education Awareness
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Education, Awareness and Culture is an integral part of the ITS division. The team provides communication advice, planning and support to the office of the Chief Information Officer as well as other teams within the ITS portfolio. Additionally, Education, Awareness and Culture is responsible for key messaging, development and execution of events, plans and strategies (including the IT@UofT Strategic Plan). We develop communication and marketing campaigns in order to help successfully deliver on the business objectives of ITS.
This position reports to the senior manager of Education, Awareness and Culture.
The Education, Awareness and Culture team is a group of creative communication professionals that are helping to advance the objectives, pillars, initiatives and culture outlined in the IT@UofT Strategic plan.
In this face-paced role, the communication coordinator will be involved in event planning and execution, campaign development and scheduling, writing and much more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the preparation and distribution of promotional/outreach materials
- Maintaining information on digital platforms
- Producing promotional and outreach materials
- Formatting and maintaining communication templates
- Tracking and monitoring outreach activities
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
- Coordinating the schedule for program and event calendars
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism or communications or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years of recent and related experience in progressively responsible roles that support communications, marketing, education, awareness, and related events management.
- Experience working in higher education/post-secondary IT related communications, especially in Information Security is required.
- Proven experience writing, editing and event planning/execution.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with attention to detail.
- Experience in digital communications, web design, web content management, project management tools like Trello, video production and editing is required.
- Demonstrated experience and creativity to support communication efforts for IT-related topics to variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a manner consistent with brand in reference to promotional material, blog content, and social media posts.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining currency with evolving communications technologies.
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to plan ahead to meet timelines.
- High degreeof collegiality, working well independently and as a team member.
- Proven success in providing superior service and support in a busy, demanding environment.
- Knowledge of the University structure and administration.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 01/10/2021, 11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Term This is a two year term position.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: USW Pay Band 09 — $58,242 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $74,482. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial