Website Ontario Power Generation Inc.
Status: Full Time, Contract (24 month)
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Social Science, Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent is required; and course training and knowledge in Adult Learning, Training & Development, eLearning, are considered an asset.
Location(s): Durham Region (Pickering, Ontario)
Travel: Yes – As required (Mainly in Durham and Toronto Region. Some periodic travel to locations across Ontario)
Deadline to Apply: February 21, 2021
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass, and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for an engaging, dynamic, and results-driven learning and development professional to join our leadership training team (part of the Talent & Training HR function at OPG) in the role of Corporate Trainer. This position is located out of our Pickering office with local travel in the Durham and Toronto region. Some periodic travel to locations across Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager Leadership Training, the Corporate Trainer will be a program lead supporting the leadership learning and development needs of the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for providing consultative services in the development, execution, and facilitation of leadership learning programs and initiatives that will strengthen and develop the skill set of OPG’s leaders and managers.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Partner with senior leaders, HRBP’s, and business unit management, provide advice, guidance, and services in the planning of leadership training and development activities;
- Work with the business in identifying learning priorities and development needs with respect to managerial competencies and organizational performance;
- Design and develop learning programs focused on the needs of OPG’s managers and leaders to further develop leadership skills in the organization;
- Translate management and organizational theory into practice through training programs. Identify target populations for whom programs are intended. Understand development needs, define learning objectives, and develop program models, methods, materials, and content. Test new learning programs with business leaders to gather buy-in and validate appropriateness to ensure the programs meet the needs of the business;
- Deliver and facilitate engaging training sessions;
- Coordinate and organize training programs that are delivered by third-party vendors. When engaged with third-party training organizations, work with the business in researching and recommending external programs, by sourcing, negotiating, selecting, and awarding contracts to vendors through a competitive tendering process;
- Engage key stakeholders, develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote, launch and gather adoption of learning programs and initiatives;
- Monitor and measure training programs; use various evaluation techniques to determine program effectiveness on an ongoing basis. Adjust to continuously improve and ensure continually aligning learning programs to the needs of the business;
- Report on effectiveness of training programs, provide ongoing feedback and report on any trends, training issues, and/or concerns as they arise; and
- Keep informed on developments in training technologies, best practices, emerging learning and development trends, methodologies, products, and tools. Make recommendations to the business and to the Leadership training team as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Social Science, Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent is required; and
- Course training and knowledge in Adult Learning, Training & Development, eLearning, are considered an asset.
We are seeking an engaging, dynamic, results-driven learning and development professional with the following:
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience; focus in training and development with strong experience and exposure to adult learning;
- Consultative approach, expertise in designing, developing, implementing, and facilitating training programs (in-class and virtual);
- Experience effectively managing training programs in the areas of leadership development, management skills, and behaviors is considered an asset;
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills, comfortable delivering learning programs;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and communicate effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills, knowledge, and experience in building, shaping, and maintaining productive relationships and strong partnerships across business units and among a wide variety of stakeholders and vendors. Looking for a highly collaborative, self-aware, and effective team player;
- Solid business acumen and ability to navigate organization and support systems to deliver results while working in a cross-functional environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook), advanced skills specifically using PowerPoint, creating engaging presentations and training material;
- Experience working for an organization with a highly technical workforce/unionized environment is considered an asset; and
- Previous experience working for a highly regulated industry such as; utilities, energy, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, health care, telecommunications, financial services, or public sector (Broader Public Services, Municipal, Provincial and or Federal Government) is preferred.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success. At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to our future
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., February 21, 2021. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com
External job description will be drafted by an external recruiter following the approval process