Requisition ID: 139801
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys has an exciting permanent opportunity available as a DevSecOps Developer within the IT department. This role has the option to be based out of our offices in either Stellarton, Nova Scotia, or Mississauga, Ontario. As a key member of the Sobeys Cloud Center of Excellence you will work with many teammates from cross-functional teams of Applications Developers, DevOps Engineers, Machine-Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Cyber Security Specialists to help bring our technology projects to life securely.
What you'll get to do in this role:
- Working cross-functionally within the Centre of Excellences, Cyber Security, and Delivery teams to establish, define, improve, and implement secure SDLC standards and practices around advanced automation, continuous integration, and secure software delivery.
- Support the Cloud Centre of Excellence's ownership of secure CI/CD practices as implemented within Azure DevOps (ADO).
- Assist in Azure DevOps organizational unit management and evaluation and implementation of new extensions in ADO.
- Integrate and manage security tools and practices within the DevOps process.
- Maintain and expand up to date knowledge on the latest security threats.
- Maintain industry knowledge on technology / business solutions and future trends.
- Deploy and provision Azure resources using build and release pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Develop Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, PowerShell scripts, etc. to support provisioning and deployment.
- Assist management in adoption of tools and technology, methodologies and innovations to achieve improvements in the delivery and security of solution development / system support.
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications.
- Administer and control user and service level access within cloud developed architectures.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Related bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience and understanding of cloud architecture and services specifically in Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with other public clouds e.g. Google Cloud Platform, SAP Cloud Platform / Foundry would be an asset.
- Proven knowledge of:
- Secure SDLC practices
- CI/CD build and deployment technologies
- Configuration and version management disciplines and Git
- Scripting (PowerShell, bash, Python, Perl, Ansible)
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Experience with:
- Multiple application security technologies and their integration into Azure DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Security scanning and compliance tools
- Threat modelling and security design review methodologies
- Working as part of a team, using an agile or lean methodology, to continuously deliver secure and working software
- Developing guidelines and practices for other developers to integrate and deploy their software
- Working experience and knowledge in:
- .NET development
- Database technologies
- Containers and Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Orchestration and Automation Platform products (e.g. Airflow, Jenkins)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.