What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power Management Firmware Engineer
AMD's power management design team is seeking an experienced Firmware Design Engineer to contribute to System and Power Management firmware for AMD's APU, Server and dGPU products. For the ideal candidate, this position offers a very good growth path in a highly visible role.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated, self-driven, with a can-do attitude
- Clearly communicate technical information
- Able to lead meetings and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Able to drive tasks to completion, and operate in ambiguous situations
- Meticulous attention to detail in both feature design, coding and verification
- Assume ownership in development and/or verification of firmware designed for an embedded microcontroller.
- Develop and verify firmware in C/C++
- Occasional creation of utility software using C++, Perl, Python
- Work with HW design and verification engineers to verify firmware features
- Contribute to architecture of hardware, firmware and power management features
- Significant experience in software development and/or verification
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++, assembly, and scripting languages
- Power/thermal management experience is an asset
- Good understanding of digital electronics and computer architecture
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details
- Bachelor, Master's or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
Austin, Texas or Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 81155
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.