Website Ontario Power Generation Inc.
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Education Level: University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or, Accounting. Professional Accounting CPA Designation is required.
Location(s): Downtown Toronto – 700 University Ave, Toronto, ON
Travel: Yes – As required
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2021.
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation Inc. (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass, and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a strategic, analytical, and results-driven accounting and finance leader to join our corporate business planning and reporting team in the role of Senior Manager, Financial Forecasts for our Downtown Toronto location.
Reporting to a Finance Director, the Senior Manager, Financial Forecasts will provide leadership for the Corporate Business Planning team of up to five employees and act as a dedicated owner of the corporate business planning and management reporting process.
The team is responsible for efficiently delivering annual business plans, short and long-range financial forecasts (including pro-forma financial statements and other key financial indicators), scenario analyses, and consolidated management reporting. This includes:
- Managing corporate policies and procedures for business planning, forecasting, and budgeting;
- Developing and maintaining computer models and analyses as necessary to support required outputs;
- Ensuring corporate-level integration of planning and reporting issues and activities as required; and
- Development and provision of consolidated corporate management reports on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis for senior management, the Board of Directors and shareholder.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
Working with the Director, Finance:
Manage the corporate business planning process in a manner that anticipates and is responsive to the needs of the organization and the planning environment, including:
- Manage the business planning process from beginning to end, including preparation of instructions to presentation of the final consolidated plan;
- Ensure business plans are aligned with corporate strategic objectives and consistent planning assumptions across the organization;
- Integration and consolidation of business unit and corporate level information into short, medium and long term financial forecasts, including pro forma statements, performance measures, and supporting sensitivity analyses;
- Review of business unit inputs’ positioning and analysis to support senior management approval;
- Liaise with other finance groups (e.g. Tax, Treasury, Accounting) to ensure a fully integrated corporate financial forecast; and
- Assist in preparation of communication for key elements of the business planning process and outputs to the Board of Directors, internal and external stakeholders.
Develop and report against forecasts of OPG’s financial situation, including:
- Preparation of monthly budgets for reporting purposes;
- Managing on-going process for integration and update of corporate financial forecasts, and preparation of reports/briefing material for senior management, Board of Directors and shareholder;
- Proactively identify and communicate emerging issues and trends;
- Support senior management decision-making processes through the identification, integration and evaluation of relevant information;
- Developing and maintaining a collegial and professional network of relationships across the organization to ensure efficient flow of information required to execute accountabilities; and
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of OPG strategies, plans, operations, markets, and results.
Provide other financial planning and analysis support, including:
- Provide support for enterprise workforce planning and analytics activities in furtherance of optimizing organizational effectiveness and cost structure;
- Prepare financial information, evidence, and schedules to support rate filings to the Ontario Energy Board and other external needs, as required;
- As required, support development and analysis of financial models for projects, investments, and other financial decisions; and
- Support financial benchmarking studies and analyses to improve OPG’s competitive advantage.
Provide team leadership:
- Identify individual strengths and weaknesses, and effectively coach employees in the achievement of desired outcomes and behaviours;
- Drive continuous development of team members, with a focus on achieving strong performance in line with organizational values and facilitating career progression; and
- Build team capability for providing advice related to complex strategic and financial matters.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or, Accounting; and
- Professional Accounting CPA Designation.
We are seeking a strategic, analytical, and results-driven accounting and finance leader who has the following:
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive financial and management accounting experience is required;
- Must have gained knowledge and experience focused in corporate business and financial planning, reporting, modeling, forecasting, and analysis;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing and supervising a team. Well-developed people leadership skills, proven experience effectively leading, coaching, working collaboratively, influencing and motivating direct reports in a team environment is required;
- Previous experience in providing effective, comprehensive financial analysis and recommendations to the business and senior leadership;
- Experience and high-level comfort with developing, using and improving complex, long-term financial models that integrate with financial reporting requirements;
- Working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS accounting standards;
- Proficiency with the use of technology tools including advanced knowledge and experience working with ERP and planning systems such as SAP and Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC), and MS Excel. Comfortable with functions of: Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and Macros;
- A demonstrated capacity to be innovative, generate new approaches and strategies that challenge the status quo;
- Strong business acumen; ability to understand organizations with complex business models, stakeholders, and industries to help drive financial results and strategic direction;
- People orientated with strong interpersonal skills, adept at building, shaping, and maintaining productive relationships and partnerships externally and internally with a wide variety of stakeholders. Requires a highly collaborative and effective team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and effectively present to and interface with executives and stakeholders within and outside of OPG;
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and creative problem-solving skills; ability to think outside the box, to address and overcome current and future challenges;
- Highly effective at time management and setting priorities, comfortable delivering in time-pressured situations;
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality work and attention to detail, able to anticipate problems and opportunities, and provide strategic creative solutions; and
- Energy sector experience is an asset.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
- If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., February 28, 2021. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com